[24hoursupport] avg forum cd problems after install avg7

  • From: "user1634@xxxxxxxx" <user1634@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 02:33:29 GMT

http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/login.php?2

click " back to list " to bypass password .
sample :
Roxio issue solved!
Posted by: kodl - Grisoft Team (IP Logged)
Date: December 8, 2004 09:55PM

I'm pleased to inform you that Roxio has just released an update for their
driver that fixes a problem when running the Roxio CD drivers together with AVG
Free Edition (instant rebooting on certain Windows XP configurations). The
update is available for download from the Roxio site here:
[www.roxio.com].
If you use Roxio CD drivers, we strongly recommend that you install this
update.

Problems with InCD writer
Posted by: weber (IP Logged)
Date: March 5, 2005 11:17PM

I have installed today the AVG Free Edition and now I can't write cd's using
the InCD software which came together with NERO software.
What is the solution for this problem?

Re: Problems with InCD writer
Posted by: rdsok - Moderator (IP Logged)
Date: March 5, 2005 11:28PM

Check if the following applies to your system...

Older Nero drivers set an incorrect value that can cause this when you install
AVG. You should check for this registry entry and make the suggested change.

Check to see if you have this registry entry or not.. (even if you didn't
install Nero it may have been installed for you, I've had one user get a big
suprise when they found out that it had been installed and they didn't know it)

In regedit check this value if present and if it is set to "2" change it to "4"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BsUDF]
Start REG_DWORD 0x00000004 (4)
AVG Free Edition v 7 disabled my optical drives
Posted by: johnny v (IP Logged)
Date: March 8, 2005 02:15PM

After installing AVG Free edition v 7 my optical drives wouldn't work.
They worked with free edition v 6.
Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 (IE 6.0 SP1)
DirectX 4.09.00.0902 (DirectX 9.0b)
Computer Name OEMCOMPUTER

Optical Drives:
RICOH CD-R/RW MP7200A (20x/10x/40x CD-RW)
TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1202 (5x/32x DVD-ROM)

Now includes pop-up blocker!

** Remove the anti-virus footer, ads, and this line and everything below when
replying **

please see http://www.freelists.org/webpage/24hoursupport