[24hoursupport] Re: audio problem

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:45:15 -0600

RealPlayer and WinAmp are both very pushy & grabby; unless I'm
mistaken, they both automatically reset your pc to start them at
boot, and to run all sound files with their program, without
asking you. Others may do this too.

If you have folders that AdAware cannot get into, it sounds like
aggressive spyware, but I'm just guessing on that.

DiamondCS produces a whole suite of programs for anti-trojan
protection. http://www.diamondcs.com.au/
They have a program that protects the registry in real time and
notifies you if anything wants to change it, and you can click Yes
or No on permission to anything to access the Registry.

I would install 'Spybot Search & Destroy', and Spyware Blaster.
These compliment each other, and SS&D actually recognizes and
works proactively with SB.

Two good programs to also add are EndItAll2 (shuts down most
programs and also shows filepaths to them) and StartCop (controls
what starts at boot).

All of these except DiamondCS products are freeware.

** Remove the anti-virus footer, ads, and this line and everything below when
replying **

please see http://www.freelists.org/webpage/24hoursupport