[24hoursupport] audio

  • From: "Lu Watson" <luwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:12:35 -0400

Hello there,

I have been a loyal reader of your list for a long time now and have never had
to ask for help before but my time has come.

I am having trouble with the audio on my machine.  I have a 450Mhz Pentium III
running Windows 98.  The error message is as follows:

Windows Media Player Error
Cannot play back the audio stream.  The audio format is not supported.
Error #8004025C.

I can watch television on my computer.  The audio works there.  It doesn't work
on some piano sites that have sample audio files, such as WAV and MP3's.

I haven't made any changes to the system.  Losing audio happened once before
and my son "fiddled" around with the settings and made it work.  He doesn't
remember how he did it.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thanks a lot.
L.Watson

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at