[24hoursupport] Re: a few questions...

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 05:20:06 -0400

Just a note first that it was not cookies that allowed the contents of
the posters C: drive to show up in a pop-up window in Internet Explorer.
That said, IE 6 does have a privacy tab that you can set custom settings
to handle cookies.  I find a good setting to be to accept all first
party cookies and block all third party cookies.   I also use CookieWall
located at the AnalogX website
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm  Scroll down to the
Browser Plugin section.  Note: I don't recommend their Popup Stopper
only because Freesurf is much better.  That one can be had at
http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen//FS/Download.htm and be sure to
check out the "washboard" plugin under the tools menu.

Spider
Largo, Florida 33771
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1