[24hoursupport] Re: Zone Alarm ownership shift

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:58:55 -0700

Oe60wq102:

I, too, have been watching this development and have decided to abandon Zone
Alarm, an old friend on my computers for a number years. I don't know Kirio
products, but Google should enlighten me. I'm wondering why Steve Gibson
decided to sell the program (ZA) that made him famous.

My friends who have gone to DSL generally get firewall protection from their
ISPs. Unfortunately, DSL is not yet available from Earthlink in my neighborhood
in suburban Portland, OR. I'll subscribe when it is.

Maybe its time to look at hardware firewalls (routers), too. But then my wife
will remind me once more that the difference between men and boys is the cost
and complexity of their toys. And I'll tell her I could take up smoking,
drinking and wild, wild women instead.

Paul King