[24hoursupport] Re: XP rebooting

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 07:44:27 -0400

Paul,
The file atatpi.sys (a mass storage controller system file) is noted, so it
has either become corrupted or replaced with a recent install of something.
Of course it is also possible that it is a hardware failure.  You do not
mention what OS you are using.  If you are running Windows 2000 or WinXP,
try running system file checker.  Do this by going to a command prompt and
type SFC /SCANNOW.  You will need your OS CD to run this command.  Another
thing you can try if using WinXP is to go to system restore and try one of
your restore points.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

http://spider1.blogspot.com/