[24hoursupport] Re: XP Documents and settings directory

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:44:27 -0500

Colleen,
The reason for this is that they are logging into the PC two different ways.
Sometimes they are logging into the local machine which is using one of the
profiles and sometimes they are logging into the domain which uses the other
profile with the .millib on the end of it.  Best way to stop it is to have
them log into the domain all of the time.  To accomplish this, I would
delete their local user account from user manager so they can not log in
locally.  That would force them to log into the domain and use a single
profile.  There should be no need for a local login if the domain controller
is available all of the time.  I would think you would want all users on the
network authenticating with the domain when they use their PC's.  Domain
users can easily be added to the local administrator's group to insure they
have the needed rights on the PC.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

http://spider1.blogspot.com/