[24hoursupport] XP Documents and settings directory

  • From: Colleen Gayle Lane <colleen.lane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 10:58:00 -0500

Hi.
I have a few users who have more than one documents and settings directory
for their username.  For example one them has a "c:\documents and
settings\vneil" directory and also a "c:\documents and
settings\vneil.MILLIB" directory where MILLIB is the name of our network
server.  When she logs in some of her programs save application data to the
first directory and some of them save application data to the second
directory.  How can I safely combine the two and make sure that the
application data is saved to one directory only.

Thanks.

Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library