[24hoursupport] Wordpad error message

  • From: bls <brenna_99_ca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:40:22 -0800 (PST)

I am using Windows 98SE, and I had MS Word which came
installed on the computer.  I do not have Office
installed.  My folks sent me an e-mail with an
attachment that has a .doc extension.  They told me
what it was, it's a form with information about an
upcoming family event.  When I try to open it, I get a
blank page and an illegal operation message, something
about an invalid page fault in MS832.CVR.  It's
something similar, I can't remember the exact thing
now.  I just tried to reproduce the error and this
time it just froze on a blank page and I had to
Ctrl-Alt-Del twice to shut down Wordpad.  My
speculation is that the document sent to me was
created on an MS Office program and this is why my
Wordpad can't open it.  I think I have,in the past,
opened such documents with Wordpad, however.  All of
my other .doc files are just fine.  I've used Quick
View, and the document sent to me is definitely what
it is supposed to be.

Is this possible, that Wordpad won't open MS Word
documents created with MS Office?

Brenna