[24hoursupport] Re: Word

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:27:43 -0800

Hi Roland,
you are probably thinking of Open Office;
http://www.openoffice.org/
OpenOffice.org 1.1 gives you everything you'd expect in office software. You
can create dynamic documents, analyse data, design eye-catching
presentations, produce dramatic illustrations, and open up your databases.
You can publish your work in Portable Document Format (.pdf), and release
your graphics in Flash (.swf) format - without needing any additional
software. OpenOffice.org 1.1 is now available for more users than ever, with
support for complex text layout (CTL) languages (such as Thai, Hindi,
Arabic, and Hebrew) and vertical writing languages.

If you're used to using other office suites - such as Microsoft Office -
you'll be completely at home with OpenOffice.org 1.1. However, as you become
used to OpenOffice.org 1.1, you'll start to appreciate the extras that make
your life easier. You can of course continue to use your old Microsoft
Office files without any problems - and if you need to exchange files with
people still using Microsoft Office, that's no problem either.

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes virus page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 25/11/2003 at 11:13 AM yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

There is supposed to be an excelent freeware substitute for Microsoft Word,
and I wonder if someone can please point me in the direction of the
website? Thank you.

Roland