[24hoursupport] WindowsXP constantly restarting

  • From: Bram <bramk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:10:10 +0200

Hi everyone
I have a Pentium 1GB, 256MB. Dual boot Windows98SE and XP PRO with SP1. I'm
Running AVG, updated daily.

98 works fine. XP is on a separate disk and up until a few days ago was also
fine. Then suddenly when I was using Outlook Express and wanted to minimise
or maximise it would restart the computer. At first this happened once or
twice a day, but now it's every time I touch one of the minimise or maximise
buttons.

I've scanned for v***ses. I've run all the addition special v** files
available and it shows nothing. I've disabled "system restore" and cleaned
again.

It acts like I would expect a v** to act but I can't find one.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bram