[24hoursupport] Windows XP

  • From: "Barry Cornford" <cornyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "24Hour Help" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:33:26 +1000

I thought I would be clever and download all the Critical Updates for Windows
XP and burn them to a CD.
So when I was doing a re-install or updating someone's machine I could save
time on the Internet.
But only some would install OK.
The error message I get is.

QFE error
"WEUPDATE cannot retrieve information needed for setup from database"

Does anyone know of a solution or work around?
I have tried downloading some of the Critical Updates online and then going
offline and tying again hoping that it would create some record on the Hard
Drive but the result was the same.
I have looked in the MS Knowledge Base but nothing seams to jump out.