[24hoursupport] Re: Windows Explorer behaving strangely

  • From: "Helen Forster" <helen_forster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:55:07 +0100

Ok, I've switched off the Fix-It Utilities with the AV, checked out whats
running with Msconfig, and there doesn't seem to be anything that would use
up memory in there.  Ran the System File Checker (I'd forgotten about that
one), and restored and updated quite a bit of stuff in there.  Now things do
seem to be running better.  I've switched back AVG for my antivirus and I'm
going to keep ZoneAlarm going, coz I've been using it for quite a few years
and not had any problems with it before.

Since I only recently installed Fix-It I would guess that could have been
causing the problem, so maybe I'll steer clear of that one.   Give me back
that old IBM PC that ran DOS I used many years ago that didn't have a mind
of its own!!

Big thanks to everyone who's offered advice for the problem, this is a
fantastic group, and continue to learn through it.

Helen