[24hoursupport] Re: Windows Explorer behaving strangely

  • From: "Barry Cornford" <cornyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 17:49:54 +1000

You could Download and try a program called
Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftUSA.com
It removed Spyware from you computer
If you do have any it could be slowing things down

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could help me with this problem.  Periodically my windows
explorer seems to be exceptionally slow when changing directory, moving or
deleting files.   I've run my antivirus, cleanup, and various other little
'fixing' programs, but nothing seems to fix it.  Other programs seem to run
normally.  I've only got a bare minimum of programs running, my AV,
zonealarm and fix-it utilties.

I'm running Windows 98 (second edition), Pentium P6 family?, 512mg ram and
20 gig hard drive.  Any advice would be welcome coz its driving me round the
bend, lol.

Many thanks
Helen

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at