[24hoursupport] Re: Win98 SE problems

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:12:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Sounds to me like you have inherited some problems from your prior
installation. Re-installing over an earlier set up does not erase or fix many
problems. You probably need to find the proper driver for your various devices
like the monitor and video card. A full install CD does not have drivers needed
for all computer configurations or makers. HP and Compaq, gateway, dell all
have their own hardware that's not generic.

You also may have a virus.

-- d