[24hoursupport] Win98 SE problems

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 12 Sep 2004 01:00:04 -0000

I got a nice deal on a Win98 SE full cd.
It can do full install, or reinstall over Win98.
I installed it over my Win98, and after that, my Diamond Monster Fusion 16 meg
video card would give me either 16 million colors, or 600 x 800 resolution, but
not both (as before).
I could only get on the Internet for two or three new web pages, and the
browser would lock up; Netscape 4.79 or 7.1, Firefox, or IE, all of them the
same.
Certain programs would work for awhile, then the computer would freeze up.
I ran a backup restore from the other HD, and it's back to the old OS again,
which works fine.