[24hoursupport] Re: Win XP shutdown problem

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 04:48:20 -0400

Paul,
I'm sorry, but please disregard my first post below.  I've badly misread
your post.  I'm not sure where my brain was last night but it certainly
wasn't on reading comprehension.  If you were logged on using the PC
then it would be very unlikely someone was remote controlling the PC.
I've tried looking on MS knowledge base and did not come up with much.
Was the PC sitting idle for awhile before you attempted to shut down?
If so, it may be that you have a password set on the screen saver.
Another possible cause is something related to power management.  So,
now it won't boot properly, does that mean you can't get into Windows at
all?  Can you log in as Administrator?