[24hoursupport] Win XP shutdown problem

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 23:47:03 -0700

Greetings:

Monday I was using a machine loaded with Win XP. On attempting to shutdown, a
screen appeared which said, "This computer is in use and can only be used by
CXZ35677c9g." When I entered my correct password, a message appeared saying the
entry was incorrect and that XP was saving my settings. This small screen can
be moved around the the blue Compaq desktop background (no icons showing), but
nothing happens. On shutdown and restart, the same thing occurs. I cannot get
the machine to start properly.

Should I reformat and reinstall the OS? Can I remedy the problem short of
reinstalling?

Paul King

-- Type: text/plain