[24hoursupport] Re: ~ What is this Please ANYONE !!!

  • From: GaryLetC@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:43:18 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/03 2:59:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
biff15923@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Now ,  can any one tell me what the hell this is ????   I am afraid to shut
 down the pc because of it... >>

    Appears to be a file with the name of "~", residing on your
desktop. Possibly created accidently, yesterday. If you didn't
create it accidently or on purpose, maybe some type of application
you are running did. Might run a virus scan, first, and if no problems, try
to find a way to open that file and see what it is. Gary