[24hoursupport] Re: Welcome to the List!

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:16:24 -0500

Hi Sarah,

> I do have a question.   I added a few Desktop theme's and I don't want a
>startup screen.  Does anyone know how to get the start up picture that is
>showing up now off?  I am using Win98

Under Windows 98, the startup graphic is embedded in the io.sys file and
can't be changed directly.

But if there is a logo.sys file in your C:\ folder, that graphic will
override the graphic stored in io.sys. Probably what has happened is that
the theme just overwrote the logo.sys file. Try renaming logo.sys to
something else, like logo.old, and see if that gets rid of the unwanted
graphic for you.

You can also edit the msdos.sys file and set logo=0, or use TweakUI to set
Logo=0, and no graphic at all will be displayed.

HTH,

Ron

(ps please remember to trim the unnecessary quoting from your posts before
sending them. That's mainly for the folks on digest mode, removing the
excessive quoting makes digest mode messages much easier to read. Thanks!)

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface.