[24hoursupport] Re: W32/Bagle-mm spreading rapidly

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:01:04 -0500

Tina,
I can't explain what happened to you but I do have to agree with Fuzzy on
this.  Everything I am reading put out by the virus companies state that
this virus is delivered in an attachment that has to be opened to infect the
pc.  Once infected it acts as a worm and starts spreading via email.  It
also opens up a port on the infected pc which can allow someone to connect
and do many other things.

Anyone who is presently not infected should be just fine if they update
their virus software immediately.  Also, this is a cloaking type of virus so
infected systems will send e-mails from their system but it will grab email
addresses from their address book and insert it into the from field showing
the email to be from someone else.  This means you might end up with some
undeliverable messages on emails you never sent out.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1