[24hoursupport] Re: USB port

  • From: "Ray" <ray2047@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 19:30:26 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elaine Le Page" <elaine.lepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2002 10:46 AM
Subject: [24hoursupport] USB port

> Could someone please tell me how I find out whether my computer has a USB
> port please?
> I am thinking of purchasing a digital camera and a USB port is one of the
> system requirements...
> With thanks,
> Elaine

> Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
> http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/24hrsupport.htm.

It looks like a slot about 3/8 inch wide X 1/8 inch high. If you don't have
a manual and support from the manufacture isn't free you could borrow a USB
cable from a friend and see if there is a place to plug it in (or buy a
short cheap extension cable). If you don't want to go that far just go to a
place that sell keyboards and mice and look at the plug on the end of a USB
one. If you don't have a USB port and have an open PCI port you can add one
cheaply (assuming your OS and Bios support USB).

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at