[24hoursupport] Re: USB 2 causing computer to freeze

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lene Pagsuguiron <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 23:08:13 -0500

Hello Lene,

You are most welcome :)

Try uninstalling the old drivers then installing the new. You can
usually do this by (1) running the uninstall program, if it has one
(this the preferred way to do it, if available), or (2) removing the
device from Device Manager and then rebooting. When the hardware is
detected, point it to the new drivers.

HTH,

Ron

Saturday, April 26, 2003, 9:00:27 AM, you wrote:
LP> Ron, thanks for your help!  I decided to leave it alone for the time being,
although the number of space available is trickling down to 400MB.  If worse
comes to worse, I'll do the swap file idea
LP> that you recommended. I have another question, yesterday, I updated the
drivers for the USB 2 card b/c the computer kept freezing, yet it still didn't
fix the problem.  Shouldn't the new drivers
LP> overwrite the old ones?  Would it help if I uploaded and posted my Belarc
computer profile (awesome app, BTW)?  I don't want to risk computer security or
anything.