[24hoursupport] Re: Transferring data from old to new computer

  • From: Don L Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 01:00:20 -0500

The following web site says a "null modem serial cable" as
indicated by the short bit I copied from it.  So I think Gary is
right - you can't use a regular serial cable.
http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/answerstips/story/0,24330,3000467,00.ht
ml

A quick and easy way to connect two PCs is to use a direct cable
connection (DCC).

You'll need to purchase either a USB cable, parallel port cable,
null modem serial cable, or you can get a crossover cable. After
you've tracked a cable down, connect the two computers together
by inserting the cable into the correct port.

Here are a couple of other websites that discuss Direct Cable
Connection.
http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/answerstips/story/0,24330,3316458,00.ht
ml
http://freepages.computers.rootsweb.com/~kthompson/dcc.html