[24hoursupport] Re: Transferring data from old to new computer

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:27:03 -0700

The crossover cable can be bypassed by using a null modem connector. It
does the same thing as a crossover cable. A regular cable could work,
but you won´t have two way communiction. You would need to open the port
to receive on the computer that needs to receive the data. I used to do
this in DOS with the mode command. On A You would copy from B and then
send to A from B. A would be listening for the data from B. I hope that
makes sense. Without a null modem connector, you will be unable to do
everything from one computer. -- d