[24hoursupport] Re: The Myth Of The 100-Year CD-Rom

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:41:04 -0600

The American Musical Supply tech guy said all they would have
would be what's called a multiband denoiser, but they phased out
their last one about a month ago, because with CDs and DVDs, it's
a nonexistent problem. We did try processing the signal on
computer using an expensive music software program, but it only
reduced the hiss on the high pitch signal but not on the low pitch
signal (or was it vice-versa), which accomplished nothing and
actually made the problem stand out even worse.