[24hoursupport] Temporary Files

  • From: "michele" <michele@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 21:56:59 -0500

I have two questions about temporary files.  I use Scan Disk on a regular
basis and delete the temporary files.  What exactly are these and how do
they differ from "temporary internet files"?  I've been assuming that these
were one and the same.  However, when I used Windows Explorer to look at the
contents of the temporary internet files folder, there were 57MB of stuff in
there.

I went to IE>Tools>Internet Options and told it to delete the temporary
files but nothing happened.  The files are still there, even after a reboot.
What am I doing wrong?

Michele

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at