[24hoursupport] Re: Television won't display color

  • From: David Matthew Wood <dmwood78@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 01:29:32 -0400

> I'm using a Dell Inspiron notebook computer and am using my television
> to view the screen via S-video.  It works but the problem is that
> THERE IS NO COLOR!  I'm thinking it's because the display on my laptop
> is digital and my computer says analog.  Could this be the reason?
> I'm using Windows XP Home Edition, 256RAM, 2.2Ghz 800x600 True color
> (doesn't work in High color either).  I've tried fiddling with various
> controls but if anyone knows why the television is displayed in
> monochrome that would be great.  Thanks!

Well, first make sure it's not actually set to output in black and
white.  Then see if it is outputting the correct video signal for the
TV.  Since you say S-Video and make no mention of SCART or anything of
the sort, I'm *ASSUMING* that you're in the USA.  If so, make sure
video is set to output in NTSC.  Last, try another S-Video cable.
Maybe one of the wires is broken, causing only luminance information to
get through.

What kind of TV is this?  Make and model?