[24hoursupport] Re: System.ini's, spare stack's & MinSP's, oh my!!

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:12:11 -0500

Dale,
Ok, whoever was telling you to make the change to the system.ini file was
basing it on this MS Knowledge Base article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;149083  The only
thing I can add to this is that you must make sure you are doing it EXACTLY
as Microsoft says to do it.  Make sure you are in the correct section of the
.ini file and make sure you are starting the line flush left (no spaces).  I
would be surprised if you had to go over 16.  Since this article matches
your error message exactly, I'd rely heavily on the information in there.
It clearly says it is being caused by a 32 bit device driver.  Rest assured
this will not be a microsoft device driver causing the problem.  You need to
look at what 3rd party device drivers are being used and replace that driver
or eliminate the problem device.  The msconfig suggestion I gave you earlier
should help in determining that.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

http://spider1.blogspot.com/