[24hoursupport] Re: System.ini's, spare stack's & MinSP's, oh my!!

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:14:14 EST

In a message dated 11/18/2004 3:50:09 AM Central Standard Time,
spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
You're missing a lot of needed information here.
    Sorry about that, I was kind of in a hurry and forgot.

What is the brand/type of PC,
    Gateway Select 900

or processor and amount of RAM?
    64MB, I keep trying to get more memory, but I seem to always get the
wrong kind, or it just doesn't work in my puter.

What operating system are you using?
    Windows ME.

Post more information on the BSOD.
    I don't recall exactly what it says, but it always says something about
not having enough spare stacks, it mentions the number 5 and MinSPs in
System.ini.  Then it says hit any key to continue.  I do and sometimes I go
right back
to the BSOD within seconds.  Next time I get one I'll try to write it down.
Should be in a few weeks, at most.

What is the Stop code in the top left of the screen?
    I haven't a clue what you're talking about.  I never saee anything in the
top left, just a few
lines across the middle.

Is there a Phrase_separated_by_underscores?
    Not that I recall.

In the first few lines does it mention a file name that ends with .exe, .drv
or .sys?
    I don't exactly remember, but I don't think it does.
    Now, another thing is that I've only had this hard drive for a little
more than two years have written zeroes to it twice, at least, most recently
about two months ago.  A week or so later I bought a new hard drive to replace
it
and it started giving me trouble in the first two weeks, so I reverted back to
this one again.  This one is a 40 gig Seagate, the new one is a 120 gig
Western Digital.  I have a 250 gig in here, too (but, at the moment, it only
gives
me 127 gig), from WD and it's not giving me any trouble at all.

                            Dale