[24hoursupport] System.ini's, spare stack's & MinSP's, oh my!!

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:49:25 EST

For a few years now, I've been getting the BSOD that says something about
MinSP's, spare stacks and the like.  A few months ago, someone told me to add
the
line "MinSPs=4" to the [386Enh] section of the System.ini file and if that
didn't do the trick keep adding to the number in increments of 4.  At first, I
did just that and everytime I got the BSOD again as soon as I was done so I
went up in multiples of 4 instead.  18, 32, 64, 72 and just tonight I changed
it
again.  At the moment the line now reads "MinSPs=144".  I'm still getting the
same message in BSOD's (at least I was with it up to 72, but we'll see how
long 144 lasts).  What do I have to do to stop this already?
    After I changed it to 144 and restarted the puter, a row of short green
vertical lines appeared across the top of the screen and it froze on me before
I even got the chance to do ANYTHING I turned it on to do.  I had to manually
shut it off again and restart it.
    I'm also getting Kernel32.dll errors in AOLDial as well as tons of other
places and usually right after I "told" the computer to shut off.
    Can someone give me clue as to what's going on with this beast?  One
person tells me it's to do with the BIOS another tells me it's because I don't
have enough memory and then tells me that increasing it won't help at all.

                            Dale