[24hoursupport] Re: System Restore file missing.....

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:01:09 -0500

This is a tough one.  I can't find any reference to the error message in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base.  The only thing I could find on rstrui.exe was
some reference to the system date being set incorrectly, but there was no
mention of the "entry point not found".  When I searched on that, I got hits
on several different applications but nothing on system restore.  In those
cases the problem was caused by either a corrupt dll file or a dll in the
wrong location.  I searched on the winsta.dll and nothing hit on that
pertains to your problem.  The only thing I can think of doing is to put
your WinXP pro cd in your cd drive and go to a command prompt and type "sfc
/scannow" (without the quotes) and let that run it's course and try again.

A few questions come to mind though.  Were you trying to use a restore point
created before your upgrade?  If so, that would not work.  Did you get this
error when trying to open System Restore or trying to use it?  Did you try
to create a restore point?

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1