[24hoursupport] Streets and Trips Software

  • From: chizotz@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:33:19 +0000

Hi Folks,

I'm back from my wedding and honeymoon. I'm an old married guy now, and
couldn't be happier about it :) Mexico was spectacular! I'll be putting
pictures and stuff up on the web sometime in the next few weeks, and I'll post
a link here for anyone who's interested. I have something like 300 pictures to
sort through though, so it may take awhile for me to get done.

I have a question for you all. Is anyone familiar with the Microsoft Streets
and Trips software? In "real life" I'm the Circulation Systems Administrator
for a newspaper (the Columbia Daily Tribune in Columbia, MO), and we need some
very inexpensive mapping software for some very basic local area trip planning
and cost estimation. I can get Streets and Trips from Amazon for about $40,
which is pretty much the budget for this project :)

But I have some concerns that it will include maps for the Columbia, MO area,
how detailed they might be, and what features it has. There doesn't seem to be
a demo version, but the MS web site makes it look like it would work for us --
assuming there are maps for Columbia.

Anyone have this software? Could you take a look at Columbia, MO for me and
see if it's even in there?

Thanks,