[24hoursupport] Re: Strange Hard Drive Problem

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:35:12 -0600

Hi Mike, and the whole Group,

I appear to have solved the problem, but I don't know exactly what the=
 problem was. I fdisked the drive again, rebooted the machine, and went=
 into the BIOS. There is an option to "reset to failsafe defaults", so I=
 did that. Then I rebooted again, and went into the BIOS setup and changed=
 the settings back to what they should be for this machine. When I let the=
 machine reboot again, the drive was correctly recognized and I am=
 formatting it to the full size as I type this. Obviously, there was some=
 setting in the BIOS that was incorrect or was causing the HD size=
 detection to report incorrect information to the system.

Thanks for your help Mike.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at