[24hoursupport] Re: Storing Eudora Files (Solution)

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:33:33 -0800

Hi Again:

I found the solution to this problem on my own. I am posting it here in the
event someone else has the same problem.

l. Searched for eudora.ini in WIN XP Start | Search

2. Found the file in D:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\Application              Data\Qualcomm\Eudora (the eudora.ini
file
came up)

3. Searched for font listings and found: ScreenFontBaseSize=0

4. Edited the listing to read: ScreenFontBaseSize=1
        This turned on the font size control which restored all my      font
controls
in Eudora's Tools | Options |Font window.

For those of you unfamiliar with this operation, 0 turns off and 1 turns on
all controls in eudora.ini. The trick is to find the right listing and to
keep a record of what you have changed in the event your tinkering has
unforeseen results which you want to reverse.

Greetings Folks:

I am putting the finishing touches on a partitioned hard disk and I've run
into trouble. I have XP in C:, files in D:, and applications, including
Eudora, in E:.

I have placed Eudora, using a freshly downloaded copy from Qualcomm, in E:
and all permanent Eudora files, such as .mbx, filters, addresses, settings,
etc. in D:

As the file transfer took place during installation, the process placed the
permanent files several layers deep in the XP hierarchical file structure
on D: which may be causing aberrations in Eudora's operation.

I have had trouble with munged fonts, inability to select a font size,
disparity of fonts styles that don't follow my saved selection ( e.g.
select System, get Verdana), and faulty wraparounds in the message text and
can't seem to work around them. I am using the sponsored Eudora 6.2

I wonder now if I should have created my own file names in D: and moved the
critical mailbox, addresses and setting manually into the newly created
folders and files.

I have tried a fresh download of Eudora, but using the same procedure I get
the same result. No help, in other words.

Anybody had experience with a similar problem in Eudora or other mail manager?

Paul King