[24hoursupport] Re: Star NX-2430 Printer Driver

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:49:02 -0400

Evening Ron

Have you tried the (un)obvious ? <g>
http://www.printer-drivers.com/

Not many people realize it exists

Hope it helps

Christy

On 8/13/02 at 01:38 PM Ron Allen wrote:

>I need to find a Windows printer driver for an old
Star NX-2430 dot-matrix
>printer. Google and even Jeeves hasn't turned up
anything useful.
>http://www.starmicronics.com doesn't seem to have
any driver software at
>all, and the Japanese site I can't read well enough
to see if they do or
>not. One Google search turned up a page on the
Japanese site in English
>that only showed a list of the printers supported by
the star.exe driver
http://www.download.com doesn't have the
>driver for the NX-2430. One page I turned up on a
Google search indicated
>that the file could be downloaded from Microsoft,
but if so I haven't been
http://www.windrivers.com wants $30 for a
>six-month membership, and that's stupid (call me
cheap if you like, but I
>think it's ridiculous to charge that much for a
service most people, I
>believe, may need once in a blue moon).
>
>Anyone know where I might turn up the drivers for
this printer?

>Thanks,
>
>Ron

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at