[24hoursupport] Spam

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:56:33 -0700

Debbie (and others offended by spam):
One way I have reduced spam is by diminishing my target size. Get off AOL,
Yahoo, and the MS mail manager Outlook. They have tens of millions of members
and are favorite targets of the fat cats in the spamming world. My spam
decreased dramatically several years ago when I went elsewhere with my web
business.

A recent article in the New York Times tells it from the lips of a big time
spammer. It's well worth your time to read it:

        http://www.theblogproject.com/index.php?p=203&more=1

I also use the sponsored (free) version of Eudora. I have used several other
mail managers over the years, but none compare to this one. Its filters will
block just about anything you want sent to the trash bin. Excellent free
tutorials are available at the Qualcomm site and you can download the program
on a dialup connection in about an hour. It's worth a try. Use a search engine
like Google to find a Eudora download site.

Paul King

-- Type: text/plain