[24hoursupport] Re: Sound Problems

  • From: "Jim Harris" <hhlake@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 07:55:49 -0500

The only sure way to test the subwoofer is to sub another amplified speaker
for a time and observe if it too drops out. Perhaps you could just plug one
of the other speakers in place of it. Of course you would have to disregard
the crappy sound for awhile. If it works you may have an intermittent
connection in the voice coil or associated circuits in the woofer itself. as
for the card, inspect the connections to the jack and the printed board of
the card. If nothing helps, suspect a chip on the card.  Jim Harris