[24hoursupport] Sharing USB devices

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:05:59 -0500

I know you can buy a USB switch that will enable you to share the same USB
device (printer, Zip drive, scanner, camera, etc.) among two or even four
computers.
Now, let me ask this: Suppose I have a USB hub I wish to share with two
computers? Will that work? Of course, the drivers for all the devices
plugged into the hub would have to be installed on both machines, but I am
sitting here wondering if it can be done. Frankly, I have no idea if it
will work.

I would like to share three usb devices between two computers, and this
seems like the best way to go.

Thank you for your input.

Robert

-- Type: text/plain