[24hoursupport] Sent Internet Packets

  • From: Lethier <ljethier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 23:42:26 -0700

I have windows XP with highspeed cable internet connection. When viewing my
network properties I have noticed that 854, 000, 000, 000 packets have been
sent and that this number increases rapidly. In the time that it took me to
type in the last sentence, that number increased to 900, 000, 000, 000. I
currently have my browser open and outlook express but I am not sending
anything. When the number of packets sent increases at this rate my load a web
page is excruciatingly slow.

I have a network hub in which 2 computers are connected to and use the internet
at the same time. I have two IP addresses. (I don't know if this is relevent)

Is this something that I need to worry about. Or is this normal activity and
the browser slowdown is simply a coincidence.

Thanks for any input

Lethier