[24hoursupport] Re: Saving stream video to hhd

  • From: "Mike Brown" <mike.brown1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 22:57:29 +0100

> I am not sure what format the film may be, but I save a lot of videos =
and
> such by going to my temporary folders and moving it to a different =
folder..

I don't think this works in true streaming video cases, just when a full =
file is linked to and has been downloaded. I've tried in the past, and =
all you'll find in 'Temp I'net Files' is the small file which points to =
a net location, useable only by Real Player or whatever and requiring a =
reconnection to the source. However, there is a piece of software which =
claims to be able to capture streams - it's called Streambox VCR and can =
be found here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/audio_tools/streambox_vc=
r.cfm

I haven't used it yet so I can't comment on how well it works. Oh, and =
it appears to be illegal in the USA, now I've checked the link properly =
myself. I'm not there, but I'd presume you are from your email address, =
so you can't use it! Sorry. What a waste of time! :-(

MIKE

PS Unless you have a sneaky peep anyway! ;-)=20

----- Original Message -----=20