[24hoursupport] SP2 Firewall question

  • From: Colleen Gayle Lane <colleen.lane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:57:19 -0400

Good morning.
I installed XP SP2 yesterday and everything ran well.  Didn't have any
problems with programs that I use.  However, last night the backup from our
server failed because the server could not connect to my pc.  This was
because of the SP2 Firewall.  However, I had ticked that the firewall was
supposed to display a notification when the firewall blocks a program, but
it didn't. If it had I could have told it to allow the connection.  We use
Arcserve to perform the backup every night.  Has anyone else had a similar
problem?
Thanks.

Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library