[24hoursupport] Re: Runtime error

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 05:24:24 -0400

Before you get into trying to fix Internet Explorer, you should
eliminate a connection problem.  Are you running any kind of a firewall
or going through a proxy server?  If you take that error message
literally, you are losing connection to the server on the other end.
Sometimes that can be caused by a response the server is expecting from
your end and it is not getting it.  There can be many reasons for that.
If the application on the server is trying to switch to a non standard
port and you are running a firewall that could cause a problem.  If you
are behind a proxy, you could be sending the response to the proxy
server but it is not getting out to the website.  There could be other
reasons for this but these two come to mind.  If it is neither of these,
then I would try updating the java virtual machine.  This is done by
going to the Microsoft site to the download area and downloading the
Microsoft VM.  You can get this at:

http://www.microsoft.com/java/vm/dl_vm40.htm?FinishURL=%2Fdownloads%2Fre
lease%2Easp%3FReleaseID%3D36820%26area%3Dsearch%26ordinal%3D8%26redirect
%3Dno

Do not use this if you are running Windows 2000.  Instead go to Windows
Update and re-apply service pack 2.

Spider
Largo, Florida 33771
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1