[24hoursupport] Re: Resize partition?

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lene Pagsuguiron <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:42:08 -0500

Hello Lene,

You can not run any version of the Win9x series (including Windows ME)
on a disk formatted NTFS. If you have a multi-boot system and one
partition is FAT32 for Windows 9x and another is NTFS for
Windows2K/XP, then Windows2K/XP will be able to "see" the Windows 9x
partition, but not the other way around.

I'm not sure about PM partitioning external drives. You could check
the manual or the PM web site.

Think very carefully about moving the location of Program Files.
Chances are that if you do that, it will really mess up your system,
possibly to the point of being unrecoverable. I honestly don't know
what the effects of doing this would be, but I would be very cautious
about doing it. I believe -- I do not know for certain and don't have time at
this
particular moment to investigate -- that in Windows XP you can set the
location of the system folders, which would make moving Program Files
easier. I have never heard of a way to easily do this in Windows 9x.
The problem is all the registry entires and icons that would need to
be changed to make a move work; it isn't as simply as just copying the
files.

HTH,