[24hoursupport] Re: Resize partition?

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:25:08 -0400

Bram: With Partition Magic you definitely can re-size NTFS
partitions. It's no problem at all, I have done it
numerous times. I love Partition Magic for this and many
other reasons. Partition Magic is one of those tools that
you may only need once in a great while (unless you're a
full-time service tech), but when you need it it's awfully
nice to have available.

Lene: I see nothing wrong with either re-sizing the
partition or leaving it as it is. As Bram basically said,
it depends on how you use your computer. By default,
Windows will install software to your C:\Program Files
directory, which is most likely on the same partition. The
question is, will you have enough room or will you always
install your programs to another partition? Also, by
default the Windows "swap file" will be created in the
root of your boot directory, and that is also a
consideration because not having enough room for that will
impact performance. I suggest using PM to create a
partition for the swap file on a physically seperate drive
from your boot drive, if you have a physically seperate
drive to create a partition for this.

HTH,

Ron