[24hoursupport] Registry Problem (modem)

  • From: Lethier <ljethier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:05:28 -0600

Hi again

I recently downloaded a freeware program called regmon that catalogues
processes that occur in the registry in real time. When I open this program the
following process occurs continuously and the pattern repeats itself. It looks
like my modem is trying to make a connection. However, I use only a cable
connection and only connect my telephone line when I need to send a fax. I am
concerned that this repetitious process is using valuable system resources. I
use windows XP. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can stop this or
is this normal.

16.20945930 LTSMMSG.exe:324 OpenKey HKLM\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\SoftModem SUCCESS
Key: 0xE17D4020
16.20952719 LTSMMSG.exe:324 QueryValue
HKLM\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\SoftModem\MsgStopRequest NOTFOUND
16.20960038 LTSMMSG.exe:324 CloseKey HKLM\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\SoftModem SUCCESS
Key: 0xE17D4020
16.20966324 LTSMMSG.exe:324 OpenKey HKLM\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\SoftModem SUCCESS
Key: 0xE17D4020
16.20969425 LTSMMSG.exe:324 QueryValue
HKLM\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\SoftModem\ActiveModems SUCCESS 00 00 00 00
16.20972274 LTSMMSG.exe:324 CloseKey HKLM\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\SoftModem SUCCESS
Key: 0xE17D4020
16.31711712 LTSMMSG.exe:324 OpenKey HKLM\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\SoftModem SUCCESS
Key: 0xE17D4020
16.31716433 LTSMMSG.exe:324 QueryValue
HKLM\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\SoftModem\MsgStopRequest NOTFOUND

Thanks
Lethier

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at