[24hoursupport] Reformatting and Partitioning

  • From: "Karren" <picasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "24hoursupport@Freelists. Org" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 06:03:16 -0700

Hi,
I recently had my hard drive reformatted and the tech gave me the
following information.  Fdisk, then partitioned the hard drive in 2
partitions.  One where my operating system and program files will be
stored and the other partition where my documents will be stored.  He
then used a "Ghost 2003" program to copy the system and said
that in the future, I should reformat about every 6 months and would
only have to restore using the ghosted cd's. leaving the other
partition intact where my documents are stored.

My question is:

How do I find out how to do this procedure in the event I want to
repeat the process in the future on another computer?  What is your
opinion as to this method?  How do I find the drive D: where the
documents are stored.  The D: drive does not show up in "My
Computer".

My computer information is listed below.

Thanks,
Karren

Intel Pentium II with MMX technology
Memory 128 MB
Hard Drive Aprox. 13GB on one partition and 3 GB on another partition.
Windows 2000 NT professional (Version 5.0 Build 2125 Service pack 3)

A: 31/2 Floppy Drive
C: Local Drive
D:
E: Zip Drive