[24hoursupport] Re: Quick Launch

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 23:07:39 -0600

>No I have tried all of that.
>I can slide it across but then there is no room for minimised programs
>they do not go to the right
>hand vacant section just created.
>I know a re-install will fix it but that is a bit drastic and a lot of
>work.

Hi Barry,

I think you may be resizing the toolbar. It has a "handle" on either end,=
 and you can slide the handle back and forth to change the width of the=
 toolbar. What you need to figure out how to do is to actually grab the=
 toolbar itself, and then drag it over. I'm as certain as I can be that=
 this is what's happening; I've sat here and played with it and it is=
 exactly as you describe.

OK, try this. Put the mouse over the top edge of the taskbar until it turns=
 into a double-ended resizing arrow. Drag the taskbar up so there is=
 another row underneath where the toolbar you want to move is. The taskbar=
 has to be unlocked for this to work. Once you have extra room below the=
 toolbar, grab on to the sizing handle along its left edge and, instead of=
 dragging to the left, drag it down into the bottom row and then over to=
 the left. Once the toolbar is where you want it, you can resize the=
 taskbar again.

See if you can't get it to work. If the taskbar is unlocked, you should be=
 able to drag the toolbars wherever you want them. You can even stack them=
 on top of one another, if you don't mind and extra wide taskbar.

Ron

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
http://webpages.charter.net/chizotz/