[24hoursupport] Re: Question about mail program

  • From: Fuzzy Logic <fuzzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 14:13:49 -0400 (EDT)

I wouldn't mind use Netscape for mail if I were using netscape for
browsing.  I don't really use OE for mail usually, anyway.  Only 1 thing
goes there, and that is spam reports.  However, I wanted to set it up so
that occasional mailto: links would be handled in a clean, efficient way.
I reinstalled IE/OE to no avail.  I am at the latest patch level.  I could
uninstall Netscape, but the problem would seem to lie in IE itself, as it
can see Netscape and Lotus Notes, but not its old friend, OE.

If it comes to it, I'll do the uninstall of Netscape, but, for now, it's
more of an annoyance than a problem.

Fuzzy
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Christy wrote:

> Afternoon Fuzzy
>
> How about you just use Netscape for email... not as
> many vulnerabilites with it and it seems your system
> prefers it <g>
>
> Have you tried (in no particular order and no I
> haven't really been paying attention to see if anyone
> else has suggested these)
>
> Reinstall OE/IE ?
> Make sure you have all the available patches (this
> one you probably already have covered)
> Remove Netscape temp so it cant see it for email and
> reinstall later
>
> Christy
>
> On 6/15/02 at 12:14 PM Fuzzy Logic wrote:
>
> > Hmm.  While that was available, not when I click a mailto link, I get
> > approximately 100 IE windows which open, all of which have the mailto: as
> > the address and are completely blank.  I repaired IE, and now, clicking
> > links results in "No mail program has been set up." I can reset the
> > option back to Netscape and it will work, but resetting it to OE in OE:
> > Tools/Options/General, causes the initial problem of multiple blank
> > windows opening.
> >
> > Any more ideas?
> >
> > Fuzzy

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at