[24hoursupport] Re: Problem removing old printer, sharing new one

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 01:17:42 -0600

Hi Mike,

>Can you remove it from the registry?

I backed up the registry, and then went to the branch you specified. No=
 printers listed at all. So I did a search for "5p" (my old printer was a=
 HP LaserJet 5p) and deleted all references to the printer. After=
 rebooting, the old printer is still in the list and still freezing the=
 screen when I try to delete it or unshare it. I tried to restore the=
 registry from the backup, but it wouldn't accept it... that bothers me a=
 little. I was leery of deleting registry keys because I'd never know if I=
 got them all or not, and it could bite me later on even if I solved the=
 immediate problem by doing it.

Still puzzling on it...

Thanks,

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at